Thursday 18 September 2008

Vancouver 2010 Olympics - Brought to You By Mikala


I'm pretty chuffed with myself today. A number of pages I created for the incredibly-busy-weirdly-designed OFFICIAL Vancouver 2010 Olympics website has gone live. I was responsible for working with the Olympics Games Secretariat and helped to coordinate the pages about, you guessed it, British Columbia. What this meant was cobbling together info from a billion sources, editing and rewriting existing copy and getting together one million approved photos. It's pretty cool to see one's copy on the VANOC pages actually, even if we did have to wedge in information about the province's economic development.

The sections I was responsible for were: British Columbia, Multimedia Gallery, History of British Columbia and Discover BC. I wonder if that means they'll reward me by giving me tickets to the Men's Ice Hockey Canada games? No?

2 comments:

StormyK said...

I'm from the UK and have followed Canada in all the major recent tournaments (World Cup, World Championships and Torino Olympics etc). VANOC have said that the top 16 ice hockey nations will get 99%+ of ice hockey tickets. What chance do you think I have of getting tickets without using scalpers?

Unknown said...

Hi there - no clue really. I work for Tourism BC which is separate to VANOC and I reckon hockey tickets will be as rare as rocking horse sh*t. :-) Those are the ones I'm applying for too. But you can find more info about international tickets here: http://www.vancouver2010.com/en/ticketing-information/how-to-buy-tickets/international-ticket-sales/-/32282/h71jvh/index.html

As for scalpers, if it's hockey you want, tickets for prelims are going for about $100 and up, and final tickets are well expensive at about $350 each I've seen (as part of packages for Canadian residents anyway). Good luck!