Monday 3 November 2008

Mikala Meets the Eagles of Death Metal

Watch the video. Jesse has an important message for you. :-)

It's undeniable. EoDM Rock. They're simple, uncomplicated, cliched, trashy fun. They just (does the double-hand devil signs) RAWK.

Had SUCH a great time last night. Did a mental interview with Jesse "The Devil/Boots Electric" Hughes who talks so much (good) sh*t. When I asked for my own EoDM nickname, he started out with "Red Genius" (cos of my reddish hair) but said it wasn't sexy enough and he had to think on it. And like the giant cheese-monger he is, he proclaimed me "smokin' hot" and gave me an all-access pass so I could hang out with the band. Wooooo!

I told him I was taken, of course, and he said "good, you should be, but you gotta let a man still try," LOL. Bless him, I think he found someone else to try out/on/with after the show, thank gods, and disappeared to the bus. My full Eaglette nickname shall have to wait. ;-)

After shooting photos in the pit for a few songs, I partied on the side of the stage with various hangers-on and UK openers The Duke Spirit (who are absolutely brilliant and sweet and have a hot girl singer). Then I drank beer, chatted more with the Dukes, laughed at the baby groupies and admired the insanely amazing arms of Queens of the Stone Age's drummer Joey Castillo.

I came. I saw. I rocked out. And it was good.

1 comment:

Al said...

I closed my eyes!! I saw with my heart!!! His moustache went green. It was wild. May have been an acid flashback...